"I am my language". Sendo assim, o que está em vias de extinção?

11:36

“Who am I? This is a question that others ask,but has no answer.I am my language,I am an ode, two odes, ten.This is my language.I am my language.I am words’ writ:Be! Be my body!And I become an embodiment of their timbre,I am what I have spoken to the words:Be the place where my body joins theeternity of the desert.Be, so that I may become my words”.

(Mahmoud Darwich (Palestinian poet) (2003), “A Rhyme for the Odes,” 91, Unfortunately, ItWas Paradise, 91, Regents of the University of California, visto em The Unesco Courier, 2008, number 1, page 7, http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0015/001583/158378E.pdf, consultado a 01/08/200)



Segundo o editorial da revista The Unesco Courier de Abril de 2008, assinado por Jasmina Sopova, cerca de 7000 línguas faladas no mundo estão em vias de desaparecer.

"The effects of the death of languages are serious for several reasons. First of all, it is possible that if we all ended up speaking the same language, our brains would lose some of their natural capacity for linguistic inventiveness. We would never be able to plumb the origins of human language or resolve the mystery of “the first language”. As each language dies, a chapter of human history closes." (Ranka Bjeljac-Babic "6,000 languages: an embattled heritage"(2000). The Unesco Courier, Abril 2000, p. 18, http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0011/001194/119473e.pdf#page=17, consultado a 01/08/2008.)

You Might Also Like

0 comentários

Licença Creative Commons
Este trabalho está licenciado com uma Licença Creative Commons - Atribuição-NãoComercial 4.0 Internacional.